About this class
iRest Yoga Nidra is an evidence-based meditation, relaxation and healing protocol. The practice of iRest enables you to deeply calm your nervous system, integrate difficult thoughts & emotions, and offers a portal for awakening to your essential nature. iRest meditation is both an excellent personal practice as well as adjunctive practice for healthcare & healing professionals. Research shows iRest effectively reduces stress, insomnia, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, post-traumatic stress, and enhances joy, equanimity & well-being in daily life.
Through experiential practice and dynamic dialogue:
* Explore how to integrate the practices of iRest into daily life
* Foster well-being and resilience from stress & anxiety
* Experience BodySensing in movement
* Practice BreathSensing for resiliency, increased energy and relaxation
* Learn to skillfully meet difficult emotions and beliefs in daily life
* Access an inner resource of well-being, ease, security and peace
* Awaken to your essential wholeness
Each class starts with a short orientation to the theme/topic of practice. Participants are encouraged to find a comfortable position (on a Yoga mat, reclined sofa, bed, etc) for the guided meditation. No physical Yoga postures are performed in this class. Emphasis is on deep relaxation and inner exploration. After the guided meditation, we come back together for debriefing and connection to complete our time together.