About this class
Join us in community as we learn how to live well in a stressful world. Through connection with like-minded people, the wisdom of Yogic teachings, and iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation, we deeply connect with ourselves and each other, as we share a beautiful practice in a loving and supportive community.
iRest Yoga Nidra is an evidence-based meditation, relaxation and healing protocol. The practice of iRest enables you to deeply calm your nervous system, integrate difficult thoughts & emotions, and offers a portal for awakening to your essential nature. iRest meditation is both an excellent personal practice as well as adjunctive practice for healthcare & healing professionals. Research shows iRest effectively reduces stress, insomnia, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, post-traumatic stress, and enhances joy, equanimity & well-being in daily life.
Through experiential practice and dynamic dialogue:
* Explore how to integrate the practices of iRest into daily life
* Foster well-being and resilience from stress & anxiety
* Experience BodySensing
* Practice BreathSensing for resiliency, increased energy and relaxation
* Learn to skillfully meet difficult emotions and beliefs in daily life
* Access an inner resource of well-being, ease, security and peace
* Awaken to your essential wholeness
Each class starts with an introduction to the topic of practice. Some topics we have explored in the past include:
* Letting go of attachments
* Knowing your heartfelt desire
* Resting in not-knowing
* Staying in Presence
* Connecting with your Inner Resource - your inner sacred space of safety and security
* The play of opposites in our lives
* And many more!
Participants are encouraged to find a comfortable position (on a Yoga mat, reclined sofa, bed, etc) for the guided meditation. No physical Yoga postures are performed in this class. Emphasis is on deep relaxation and inner exploration. After the guided meditation, we come back together for connection and conversations to complete our time together.
In between sessions, you are invited to stay connected with me and the community via my private Facebook Group. In the private group, you will receive a summary of each weekly class, a short meditation practice that you can use throughout the week, as well as further tips on how to integrate your meditation practice into your everyday life. You can join the group here: http://bit.ly/irestwithdora